Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Picasso Raffle

One hundred euros, if you're lucky, can get you this ...

A late period cubist gouache by my boy Pablo Picasso.  Worth, roughly, one million bucks.  You can enter the raffle here.  Titled L’Homme au Gibus, which I'm guessing means man with cane.  Or sitting man.  Or man in chair.  Something like that, you can see similarities with this, one of my all-time favorite Picassos ...

If I won the raffle, I'd be hard-pressed not to draw in a dog under the chair.  Although that would be crazy.

Update:  Google translate tells me that L’Homme au Gibus means The Man Gibus.  Like that's his name?

There used to be a great French restaurant at 63 and Madison called Le Relais.  They made the most fabulous cold lentil salad.  I don't know why I'm thinking about that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home