Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Portraits

I'm struck by the similarity between the PS161 portrait ...

And the cover of Bob Dylan's Self-Portrait album ...

Painting is a funny thing.  My initial reaction was to assume Dylan stole the image from me, but Self Portrait, the album, was published in 1970 and the PS161 painting was executed last week.

Stole?
Plagiarized might be a better word.
Don't you say, over and over again, that stuff like that is okay?
Yes and no.

About a year and a half ago, the Huffington Post offered this about Bob's show of paintings at the uptown Gagosian gallery.  The New York Times chimed in with this.  Plus this picture of Bob in his studio.  His painting studio ...

God help us.  Although that's a nice looking dog.

Me?  I'm choosing not to think about it.  Instead, I'm going downstairs to make potato salad.  About which I'm becoming obsessed.  It's the dill I can't stop thinking about.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a big fan of Bob until I saw this picture. The man needs a maid.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home