Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jeff Koons is stealing my shit

Did you see this, from what I assume to be Page Six of the NYP?

OMG!  Jeff Koons is stealing my shit.

People who read these pages regularly know that I'm totally down with stealing other people's shit.  Artistically speaking, of course.  Stealing their watch or their wallet is not cool.  But an idea here or there?  Exhibit A for the defense ... or the prosecution ... would surely be my theft of Picasso's portrait of Gertrude Stein.

The reverse being that people sometimes say to me "I have one of your paintings in my office" and I say "Oh, lovely.  Did you buy a print?" and they say "No, I just downloaded a file from your site and printed it myself" and I nod, understanding that this is both a high compliment and stealing my shit.  And I feel proud, friends, not angry.

So I don't mind people stealing my shit.  But Jeff Koons?  He of the ceramic sculptures of Michael Jackson?

OMG!

You forgot to mention Harbour stealing your Greek Chorus idea.
Good point.  Although he didn't actually steal it.  He asked if he could nab it.
Impressive.
Yeah.  If the situation was reversed I wouldn't have said a thing.  I would have just skulked away with it in the dead of the night.
That's what I was told when I took this job.
Who are you, anyway?
I'm Persephone.
What happened to Xerxes?
He's in Sicily, waiting for the heat to blow over.
Like Pacino in The Godfather.
Yeah.
He never should have shot that dog.
You're lucky he didn't shoot you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home