Wednesday, October 01, 2014

I Am Marbury

This from the World of Culture:  I Am Marbury, the musical about the life of ex-Knick Stephon Marbury, debuts in China tonight.  I wish I could go.

This is a Starbury shoe from Marbury's Knicks days ...

Starbury.  That should tell you something.

The reason Marbury is of any interest at all is because of the parallels we can draw between him and Carmelo Anthony.  Which, to be honest, is giving Carmelo a bum wrap.  But, that said, Marbury was a man with celestial offensive talents who could never figure out that teams win ballgames.  Ditto Anthony, although Anthony, who is considerably less of a knucklehead than Marbury, is smart enough to talk all that team-first talk.  He, unfortunately, rarely walks that walk.

Enter the Dragon ...

Excuse me.  That was supposed to be Enter the Triangle -- although that clip is enough to make me start wearing black sweat pants with white socks and dark slip-on Keds.

Anyway, The Triangle of which we speak is Phil Jackson's beloved motion offense that the Knicks are attempting to learn in training camp as we speak.

Easier, I'm thinking, to teach my imaginary dog, Irby, to speak French.  We shall see what we shall see.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home