Monday, July 20, 2009

74 Notes ... the work in progress

At this point ...



... the smart money was mumbling under its breath. The general thinking was that it would be a miracle if anything good came of this.

And now, lo and behold, we are here:



Which reminds me of this ...



I'm not a big Damien Hirst fan, although the preserved animals--not just the shark but definitely including the shark--do pack a punch in person. But I do like a guy with fun names for his paintings. He named all his dot paintings after pharmaceuticals. The one above is called LSD.

This is the business end of the aforementioned shark ...



... named, as everybody knows by now, The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living.

Which has to make you smile.

We'd be further along but I walked up the hill today about 6:55 to buy some cans of paint and my hardware store was closed. WTF? I'm thinking, but then I take it as a sign from God to have some dinner and a beer. So, multitasking, I take the long way home to take me by Eagle Provisions so I could get some saurkraut and kielbasa. They were closed too. Which really pissed me off.

Tomorrow we're gonna work like bandits so I can take the thing to Peter McManus (the good thing about MobTee paintings is that they are quick. Really quick.). I fully expect, with a day's hard work, to be done on schedule. I'll just have to watch the Tour de France (which, as I've already told you, is now over, won already by Alberto Contador) recap show tomorrow night.

Of course, I could be mistaken. As Mrs. Bennet says to, perhaps, Jane, "It won't be the first time."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home