Monday, August 09, 2010

Reasons to move to Colorado

I'm not going anywhere, but still, sometimes you can see the lure of the thing. Likewise northern California, but that's a different story.

Check out this clip from the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail. Those trees in the back are actually trees. Beautiful. Likewise Misa Kuranaga.

I'm a sucker for ballet. Daughter #2 (speaking only chronologically) and I like to go. I would have liked to have seen this.



Given the name of the venue, impressive that nobody even stumbled.

Daughter #2 and I were at Lincoln Center watching Swan Lake, if I remember correctly, and the lead ballerina, for seemingly no reason whatsoever, misstepped coming out of one of her twirly things and fell flat on the floor. The entire audience gasped. She got up, finished the dance. At the end the applause was massive.

This is Ms. Kuranaga, all dressed up and ready to go.



I should be painting this stuff.

Ogle this bagatelle from my boy Eddie Degas while you think about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home