Friday, March 25, 2011

And Now, The Cow

I'm painting a golden bull for someone. And, to be honest, I've been a bit flummoxed as to how to proceed. (I thought a visit to the Neue Galerie to look at some Klimt would help--and it did to a degree, but it didn't quite solve the problem. Good clean fun, though.) Not so anymore, however. Bring forth the bull. No longer flummoxed, I stand at the ready.

In the meantime, let me clarify one thing: The Myth of the Rational Market, or MythRat, is done. Finished. When, during the course of my conversation with the Greek Chorus, or Gorus, the following lines were more or less uttered:
It doesn't look like Greenspan.
It will.
This, dear friends, speaks not to the question of whether the thing is done or not. It is. But. rather, the famous interchange between Gertrude Stein and Pablo Picasso in which she said of his famous portrait of her, "It doesn't look like me" and he replied, "It will."

This, by the way, is my Obscured Box rendition of Portrait of Gertrude Stein:



I just put it in a fancy frame and hung it in my bedroom. The painting, in my humble opinion, is a pip. But the frame makes all the difference.

Back to MythRat, it should be noted that its companion piece, The Myth of the Rational Market (Reclining Nude), is a complete disaster and earlier today I painted the whole thing black and started over. You think this shit is easy?

Right now, to soothe myself, I'm making broccoli and cauliflower soup. Without, it should also be noted, an emersion blender. The urge to pour some cream in it is almost overpowering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home