Monday, March 21, 2011

The Myth of the Rational Market

By now everybody knows that my newest painting, "The Myth of the Rational Market" will change the world. Which is a lot of responsibility, let me tell you. What if it changes the world in a bad way? Like Warhol?

Anyway, the myth I'm thinking about now is not the myth of the rational market but, rather, the myth of Ronald Reagan. Having two things to actually mail, I went to the post office earlier today and bought a sheet of stamps. When I saw that they were offering Ronald Reagan commemorative stamps, I just couldn't help myself. If you receive a letter from me with a Reagan stamp, please understand that this is an ironic gesture.

I was also alarmed to note that the Reagan stamp is what the USPS calls a "forever" stamp. Meaning that it will work for a first class envelope forever. Which hardly sounds like Reaganomics to me.

Forever? Are we stuck with the myth of Ronald Reagan forever? Lord help us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home