Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Annotated Nails, Volume 2



Here is my Lenny Dykstra painting, almost done. The black annotations were taken, almost exclusively, from Dealbreaker content and comments. The exception would be, I suppose, my own personal annotation, which starts "this is the look of a man..." or something like that and traces an arc across the top of the painting, just above the title.
Are we calling that an arc?
Yes we are. A flat arc.
Or a line?
No, an arc. Look at the way it trails off near the end.
Anyway, I also included, because I'm a softie, the '86 Mets Opening Day starting lineup, in blue of all things, and Lenny's lifetime stats, in orange. Because, as they say, attention must be paid.

And now, as a bonus feature for you Mets lovers, I'm including what I believe to be the finest movie ever made--in the under-20-minutes category, of course. I mean, it's no McCabe and Mrs. Miller. But what is? And besides, it's good clean fun, although there is a brief bit of male frontal nudity around the 16 minute mark and subsequently the occasional exposed breast.

But do not miss the play at the 5:28 mark. It tells you everything you need to know about Keith Hernandez. Lord have mercy.
Personal confession: Sometimes I like to pretend I'm Keith.
Don't we all.
Particularly when he's kissing Elaine.
Okay--that might be too much.
Perhaps, but what's the point of having a blog if you don't bare your soul on a regular basis?
Here's the movie:

I'm Keith Hernandez from water&power on Vimeo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home