Sunday, September 23, 2012

I love it when people say nice things about me.  This comes from Adelaide Damoah in a bit titled "Top Arts Events and Artists to Look Out For in 2012"  Check out her website and connected blog here.

If you know anything about me, you know that one of my philosophies for art is that it by its very nature, represents the spirit of the times. At this moment in our history, no other artist captures this sentiment better for me than Geoffrey Raymond. An American painter, born in 1953, Raymond is best known for painting controversial Wall Street CEO's , placing the paintings in the street and asking passers by to write their opinions of the subjects onto the portraits using marker pens. After the announcement of the $85 billion bail out for insurance giant AIG back in 2008, Raymond sat outside the company head quarters with a portrait of its then CEO Maurice “Hank” Greenberg. One person wrote, "Snarling rat bastard die! You suck. Love, Kim." Utter genius, talk about capturing the spirit of the times. Really interesting and engaging work documenting our history.

She included a photo of The Fallen Prince, which was also nice of her.

Dog!  My head is totally swelling up.  I feel like I've had about five reverse Manhattans.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home