Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Merry Christmas to Me



If all goes as planned, I'm predicting that the one hundred thousandth visitor to The Year of Magical Painting will drop by before Christmas.  Here, courtesy of Google, are the stats:

Pageviews today
102
Pageviews yesterday
147
Pageviews last month
5,481
Pageviews all time history
99,246
They are, as statistics so often are, completely wrong.  Not misleading, or easily manipulated, but wrong.  Because Google only started measuring traffic on my particular blog a couple of years ago.  Given this, I find the phrase "Pageviews all time history" to be offensive.  Before then I was busily grinding out the sausage, offering wisdom and solace to three, four, five thousand pathetic losers* a month for some number of years.  So truth be told, I'm probably at a quarter million-plus.  
Which is either shocking or troubling.  Possibly both.
I understand that this is not Charlie Sheen twitter territory.  But it is both shocking and troubling nonetheless.

*  Not you, old sock.  You I love and admire.  I'm talking about the other people.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home