Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Roundball Odyssey

I leave shortly for Brooklyn.  More specifically, the corner of Flatbush and Turd.

Ha!
Yes, that is amusing.
More like 4th than Turd, though.
I know, but then the joke wouldn't work.

I refer, of course, to the Barclay's Center where I, with several friends, will watch the B-Town Nets play the OKC Thunder.  Which should be something.  I've been told that we are seated high enough that we may need to parachute down to get beer.  Nonetheless, I remain enthused.

The only downside is that I am unable to find my No. 17 Jeremy Lin Knicks t-shirt.  Which is galling, let me tell you.  I mean, where could it possibly be?

And the turd business?  I apologize, but the Barclay's Center resembles a massive cow patty more than anything else.  Thus the scatological humor.

Later in December, I'm driving to Syracuse to watch the Orange Men play coach Jim Boeheim's 900th game.  Which is something, in and of itself.  More intriguing is the fact that the seats have been described to me as court-side.  Row AA.  Near the team.

"Hey Jim?  Want a beer?"

Every painter competes with the masters.  Most of the time we fall short.  But I can promise you this:  Henri Matisse never had court-side seats to a Syracuse game.

I depart now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I do!

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home