Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Black and White Merkel

Only in America, with all our gadgets and stuff, could a boy like me sit down at his computer with this ...

And end up with this ...


This is just a computer study, but it's what I'll use when I draw slash paint B&WMerkel.

One thing I like about the bottom one is that it has the same imperious down-the-nose gaze that my favorite Bernanke painting has.  Can't put my finger on it right now, but it does.

The thing I like less about it is that it doesn't look exactly like the woman.  Although that, as dozens of paintings stand in mute agreement, is not unusual for me.

*
"If you write their names across 
the top of the paintings, it doesn't have to look like them"
-- Marcel Duchamp
*

I also think her shoulders are a bit too far up her neck.  Like she's shrugging.  So we'll fix that.

And then we'll see.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home