Thursday, November 14, 2013

Freedom!!!

I'm channeling Mel Gibson in that scene from Braveheart where they disembowel his character, William Wallace.

We sometimes take that stuff for granted, but I was just reading about Nadezhda Tolokonnikova,  the jailed member of Pussy Riot and thinking about what if I were a Russian citizen and I'd gotten this crackpot idea of painting bankers and politicians and inviting people to comment as I exhibited them in Red Square ...

I mean, really?  Could you imagine?

I might get away with it for a while, but once they started writing on it, I'm totally on the next train to Siberia ...

Which, by the way, is where my girl Nadezhda happens to be.  According to Rolling Stone, in a tuberculosis ward of a hospital -- her health having taken a hit as a result of her hunger strike -- in Krasnoyarsk.  Wherever that is.

I think that's part of the point.
It may well be.
Might be time for a map painting.
Nicely said.

This is what she looked like in happier days ...

Or at least healthier ones.  She's due to get out in the spring.

She's pretty hot.
Honestly, have you no sense of propriety?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home