Friday, November 22, 2013

One Plane Too Many

That was the original title of my Maria Bartiromo painting.  "Big Maria I (Plane Too Many)", to be specific.  I'd like to paint her once more, if for no other reason than to give the guy who bought Big Maria a twin set.

One thought is some version of this ...

I bring this up because today, of course, is Big Maria's last day at CNBC.  I'm not a big fan of CNBC-- or any of the dedicated financial networks -- although they're certainly not going anywhere.  I always thought there was too much emphasis on show biz and not enough on the facts of the matter.  One need only watch Jim Cramer's show for as long as you can physically stand to do so (20 minutes?), then read any number of articles analyzing his pick performance and you'll see what I mean.  If you have better things to do with your time, I'll understand.

But Bartiromo achieved an extraordinary thing, and attention should be paid.  The fact that the trail she blazed is now paved with bimbos notwithstanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home