Friday, December 06, 2013

Jesus, Take the Wheel!

For reasons not entirely clear to me, I watched the live production of The Sound of Music starring Carrie Underwood last night.  While it was generally a train-wreck-level disaster, I kind of enjoyed it.  And I certainly admired Ms. Underwood's spunk in taking on a high profile role in what was, for modern television, a pretty challenging scenario.

The problem wasn't Ms. Underwood, although she is like skim milk to Julie Andrews' heavy cream.  It was the rest of the cast.  Particularly the guy from True Blood.  Who thought that was a good idea?

Anyway, I'm gonna lay off Underwood from now on, at least as it relates to the whole Sunday Night Football business.



If she's actually talking to Jesus ...
Which she is.
Okay.  So if she's actually talking to Jesus, should that comma be there in the title?
Good point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home