Thursday, May 29, 2014

97

That's how old John F. Kennedy would have been today.  Happy birthday, Mr. President.

Since I've requested "Wolfenstein: The New Order" as my father's day gift, it's thematically tempting to wonder about what might have happened had he not been assassinated; had history taken a different turn.

I'm not going to go into it here.  I thought about cranking out a quick five hundred words but it got really confusing really quickly.  Instead, I'll just say that it's tempting to wonder what, say, four years of commanding the Vietnam war would have done for his legacy.

All of which makes me think of the term transformational president -- one that's frequently pinned on the back of our current one like a target.  I choose to think that Obama's presidency says less about him than it does about the politics of the world we live in.  It would have been interesting to see what a full two terms would have said about JFK.

Cue the Green Lantern ...

And the eponymous political theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home