Sunday, May 25, 2014

I get the news I need on the weather report

Just watched A Normal Heart on HBO.  Which, really, is still making television like most people aren't.

Very moving.  I spent part of the time trying to count the number of friends of mine that died of AIDS.  I came up with eleven.  Which, if you lived in New York in the mid-80s and worked in certain industries, isn't really that many.  Since it was, literally, a plague.

I managed to stay merely misty-eyed right up until the very end, when they played The Only Living Boy in New York, which is one of my favorite Simon & Garfunkel songs.  And that did get right in amongst me.  Paul wrote it about Artie when it was clear that they were breaking up.  Lovely song.

Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home