Saturday, May 31, 2014

What I'm listening to right now ...

It finally happened.  I was reading a post on my boy Harbour's blog, and he was talking about Sting's album titled Nothing Like The Sun.  Thinking I'd give it a listen, I opened MOG -- my music streaming service -- and they told me that they had been purchased by Beats Music and I had to switch everything over to Beats.  I knew it was coming but hoped it would never arrive.

Iambic pentameter.
What is?
That last sentence.
Not quite.
Close enough.  Plus, it's a great line for a country western song.
Yes it is.  
Can you hum a few bars?
Sure:  mmmmm, mmm, mmmmm, mmmm, mmmm.
Catchy.  It's going to be hard to get that out of my head.  Got any words?
Sure.  Needs work, but I'm thinking about something like I knew it was coming but hoped it would never arrive/My baby finally told me it was over and now I feel like I'm fixin' to die.
Needs work.
Yes it does.  I'm trying to fit the phrase Ford F-150 in there, but it's resisting me.

Anyway, the point of the thing is that I don't want to be a Beats person -- have you ever heard their headphones?  Horrible.  I want to be a MOG person.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I'm change averse.

And the fact that Beats has just recently and quite famously been bought by Apple doesn't make me feel any better.  Apple should be focusing on creating a television that will genuinely change my life, not fucking around with Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine.

Anyway, I just didn't have it in my heart to sign up for Beats so I'm listening to nothing right now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home