Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ha!

If you scroll down to the post titled Jets in the River you can listen to me bitch and moan about a book titled Collision Low Crossers selling for $14.99 on Kindle.  I also said I'd wait until it dropped in price because no way am I paying fifteen bucks for a book about the Jets.

Ha!

I was on my Amazon Wish List (the place where you store stuff you'd like to buy but aren't ready to but don't want to forget) and saw that it was going for $9.99.

I'm still not buying.  I'm waiting for $7.49.  I'll keep you posted.

On the larger issue, one wonders at the algorithms employed by the Big River.  What made me take a look at the book in the first place was a couple of raving comments by Jackie McMullen, a highly-regarded sports writer out of Boston.  Which is something, yes, but also not the same thing as the front page of the New York Review of Books.

Anyway, is part of the deal that they detect trends of such modest magnitude as my girl McMullen and, boom, jack up the price for the day?

Of course they do.  Are you a fucking idiot?
Really?
What century are you living in?  They've got noses like dogs.
By "noses like dogs" you're implying a level of sensitivity beyond the ability of a normal person, not that they actually have noses like dogs?
Obviously.  It's both a metaphor and a simile.
Wow.  I'm not sure that's true, but if it is, then it's impressive.
You're welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home