Friday, August 04, 2006

A Room with a View

The view out my studio window onto Union Square is this:



So my friends ask me why I don't exhibit my work in Union Square instead of dragging it to Chelsea. Two answers jump to mind.

First, in the final analysis, I'd rather be close to the action, and the action is in Chelsea. Second, even though portraiture can be conducted successfully without a dealer, it would be advantageous to have a relationship with one. And how many gallery owners are wandering around Union Square?

Thus, every day I spend in The Gallery of One is an investment in making one or both of those things happen.

That said, tomorrow should be a nice enough day to exhibit. If you haven't been following closely, I'm thinking between two and five, on the north side of 22nd, under the High Line. Visitors are welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home