Sunday, June 24, 2007

I depart now for Leesburg

Are you aware that there are only 10 days left in the Year of Magical Painting? This, I want to tell you, is something.

Likewise, are you aware that this is the 284th post in the Year of Magical Painting?

Likewise, are you also aware that I will spend three of these ten last days in Leesburg? I depart shortly after pushing the "publish" button on this post.

After that, I can assure you the spectacle will begin. The short term plan? To complete one more painting before this year is up.

It will be a reclined nude painted on four 22"x30" panels of watercolor paper ($5.99 each. Sheesh!). A quadryptich, if you will. It will be titled some variation of Cheerleader with Banana, if for no other reason than to get that particular notion out of my system.

I also plan to read "On the Beach" by Neville Shute, because...well, you can't paint all the time.

We will likely next speak on Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home