Sunday, January 06, 2008

What people tell me that creates annoyance:

People tell me a ton of shit. But the thing that annoys me the most, other than an unwillingness to purchase my paintings, is people who read TYOMP from the top down. I mean, this a complicated thing. For lack of a better term, an epic poem.

Here's an idea. Pick up "Sir Gawaine and the Green Night" (I like J.R.R.Tolkein's version) and try reading that from back to front. Or "Beowulf."

Then get back to me.

Likewise The Year of Magical Painting. Log on, then scroll down to either the bottom of the page or that point on the page that physically sits above something you know you have read. Embrace the narrative in the direction in which it was meant to be read. Continue up the page until you are current.

Man up, in a non gender-specific way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home