Friday, February 01, 2008

Hitler's All the Rage, Part 2

How odd is this?

On the heels of my posting of two Hitler gag videos (both, oddly, taken from the same German-produced movie, with the actual subtitles replaced by comedic ones), somebody asks me to paint a portrait of Hitler.

I've chewed on this for a half a day or so by now. On one side, I'm in no condition to pass on the cash--commissions are, as we artists say, commissions. Another on that same side--the one we're calling the "plus column"--is the fact that it might be interesting to paint the guy.



On the other side, however, is the skeevy quotient. This guy (the prospective buyer) is not quite kosher (honk), based on what I know of him, and I don't want my beautiful portrait of Adolph Hitler presiding over the Brooklyn chapter of Skinheads United. There's enough trouble in the world without me greasing the skids.

So I think I'm going to pass.

I wonder if he'd consider commissioning Eddie Rommel. The Desert Fox himself.



Certainly a less inflammatory choice. And I could twin his painting up with one of that pantload Mongomery.



Tanks are cool. Plus I love the hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home