Sunday, August 24, 2008

Barack

This is Barack, almost done...



There are some issues with the shape of the bottom lids of the eyes and, of course, the mouth. But the more I looked at it last night, the more I thought I might just leave it alone. Additionally, one could argue that the angle of the bottom of the nose is too close to the horizontal. It needs to rotate counterclockwise about 15 minutes (on the hour hand). Maybe twenty. We'll see.

All that said, the objective here is not photo-realism. The object of the exercise is to set into motion the depiction of an historical moment by way of the annotation process. Still, it would be nice if the painting looked like the guy.
Which it does.
Yes, to a degree.
And certainly having the words "The Annotated Obama" scrawled across the top of the thing will provide helpful guidance to those otherwise unclear as to who the subject of the painting is.
No doubt about that.
I'd leave it alone and get working on McCain.
This, by the way, is the resource photo for purposes of comparison:



It should be noted that, as is often the case, the painting looks more like Obama in person than it does here on the blog (or, rather, the painting in person looks more like the photo of the man). Can that be possible? I don't see why it is, but I often notice it.

This, by the way, is me, having crept back into the jungle, resting against what will someday be a pile of broken televisions.



Later, if my wound allows, I'm gonna go for a swim, maybe eat a snake.

This, by the way, is the resource photo for The Annotated McCain:



I like the smile on his face plus the characteristic puckish roundness of his jawline (image right) plus, of course, state-of-the-art jowls.

And how 'bout that Brett Favre?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home