Thursday, October 30, 2008

Because life is a series of circles...

It should be noted that, after posting earlier that the comment "Woody Alan Greenspan" on the right side of "The Fallen Prince" kind of took the wind out of my sails, I'm sitting in the studio staring at my failed painting of Sarah Palin listening to Django Reinhardt.  



The excruciating badness of the Palin painting makes me feel as if I am in a Woody Allen movie and, unlike the way he's always to nice to the Scarlett Johansson characters, he's being really mean to me.

Do you remember the Seinfeld episode where they all go to the Hamptons and there is this really ugly baby and Kramer, channeling the very soul of Ed Norton, does a spastic double-take upon laying eyes on the kid?  That's how bad this painting is. 

And speaking of comics, who could forget Sean Penn in "Sweet and Lowdown?"--which was full of Django.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home