Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Man, I'm tired--Volume 2

Man, I'm tired.

That said, I've just received a commission to paint portraits of Barack and Johnny to run on the cover of the various Metro papers on Election Day (or the day after).  The phrase "received a commission" is, in fact, a misnomer.  I've been asked to come up with the damned things, at which point Metro will buy usage rights.  Total fee to me?  More than my first car, which is, I suppose saying something.
Yes it is.
What?
Saying something.
Yes it is.
How much did your first car cost?
It was a 1961 Triumph TR-3.  I bought it for 600 bucks.
Wow.
Exactly.
How do you plan on paying the rent at that level?
Well, it is good publicity.  And I will still have the paintings to sell after the fact.  So it may turn out okay.
I thought you were tired.
I am.
Well, good luck with that.
Kind of fucks up my weekend plans.
I'll bet.

Now listen to this, dear readers, because it is important:  
The task of painting the paintings, assuming I lunge into top gear as fast as possible, is manageable.  But the physical act of obtaining the annotations (did I tell you they needed to be annotated) is a more time-consumptive task.  And I don't have any time.

So here is your mission:
You must, if you want to be allowed to continue to read this blog, submit via the comments button an annotation for each painting.  You are more than welcome to submit more than one per painting, but you have to cough up something for each one.  You must also indicate your party affiliation, as the markings will be color coded (red-rep, blue-dem, black-ind)

As Richard Dreyfus said to Roy Scheider as he was tying the end of the harpoon line to the float, "Don't wait on me!"  

I'll catch up.

Also, since I doubt we will reach the typical numbers I might achieve after a week on Wall Street, feel free to make them longer rather than shorter (to a degree).

Actually, the idea of developing the painting while annotating it at the same time is kind of interesting.  That is to say, I'm going to presumably have received X number of annotations by this time tomorrow.  It will be interesting to see how it goes.  I'll keep close photographic track.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama - HOPE that I don't garnish all your wages.

McCain - FEAR the rein of Sarah Palin


(democrat?)

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home