Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Steve Jobs (channeling, I presume, Vin Scelsa) thinks I should be listening to the nine minute live version of "Sweet Jane" by Lou Reed. On my iTunes window it's marked "explicit," which makes it that much better. There's a lot of talk, and after you've listened to it several times that part of it gets a bit old, but still, if this is what Steve wants then that's what I'm going to do.

Merry Christmas, Steve.

Me? Having opened all my presents I'm on my way to the 11:30. I'm wearing my navy Welch's polo shirt and black jeans with a big goober of blue paint on the right front thigh.

Merry Christmas to me.

A while back I talked a lot about painting a Madonna with Child scene. What interested me was the idea of seeing the back of the baby Jesus' head through the splayed fingers of his Mother. Since it's a religious painting, there will, of course, be a halo. I like the idea of the halo streaming through the fingers as well. I haven't figured it out yet, but it is on my mind. I'm calling it "Mother with Extraordinary Child."

Also, I'm thinking about putting ads on The Year of Magical Painting. Not so much to make money (since my traffic levels are typically too low) but rather as an additional visual element. Plus I'm amused by the general stink of an artist selling out.

Merry Christmas to you.

I'm reminded of that song from "Miss Saigon."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home