Friday, March 06, 2009

These r times that try men's souls

"Men", as used here, is, of course, a gender-neutral term.

That said, these ARE times that try men's souls. That is to say, I remain mid-move, at least in the sense that the Time Warner guy--the man who holds in his hands my ability to view television and connect with the internet on a functional level--came and went today without successfully hooking me up. So I remain, to you, dear reader, elusive. Distant. Enigmatic?

I will say this: The summer of 2009 is no longer the year of the non-profit. I told the individual in charge of the Edwin Gould Foundation fundraiser (as distinguished from individuals who actually work at the Foundation, doing good work) to take the fundraiser and shove it. I'll share the reasons at a later date, but suffice to say they were legitimate.

Lord have mercy. As we speak I'm missing the third to last episode of Battlestar Galactica--a circumstance about which I am totally bugging. And by the time I figure out how to get the cable guy into my back yard (a task somewhat more difficult in NYC than it is in, say, suburbia), I would not be surprised if I end up being out of touch for another week.

Lord have mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home