Thursday, April 09, 2009

I'd like to bore you for about six or seven minutes slash one more thing about this ukulele business

So I went to U-Tube to try and find a clip of the end of the Tribute to George concert where some guy comes out and plays a ukulele and everybody watching the video cries, whether they even knew George or not. But I couldn't find it.

I did find a bunch of post-Beatles George Harrison playing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at various benefits. For some reason he always ends up on stage with Eric Clapton, who always gets to play the lead, and one wonders if George used to say to himself something along the lines of "Just one time I'd like to play the goddam lead on this freakin' song without Eric steppin' all over me. I mean, the guy stole my wife--what more does he want? Or was it me that stole his? It's all so hard to remember."

Then I got I got to the Chinese kid playing all the classic rock on an acoustic guitar. And after watching him play "All Along The Watchtower" I clicked to Jimi playing it. Then "Hey Joe" (of course). Since it's Holy Week, here's my still-unfinished painting of the Annunciation of Joseph titled, appropriately enough, "Hey Joe."



Funny how much Joseph looks like George Harrison, circa 1970.

Anyway, I got through "Hey Joe" and ended up with Jimi playing "Like a Rolling Stone."

So much for the ukuleles. This is worth a view:



"How does it feel?"

Me? I love a simple 3-chord rock and roller.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ukulele Al said...

The video got taken down - damn shame. Here's the same guy playing the same song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_SQLdFwgU

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Daaave said...

It feels good.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home