Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Me? I'm change-averse

Do you know what bugs me, here on the eve of my first annotation session of 2010? It's the fact that virtually every Goldman Sachs employee formerly housed at 85 Broad Street, and points thereabout, has moved either here or to someplace in Jersey City (I think):



This is the new Goldman Sachs tower, located somewhere near the Merrill Lynch offices on the other side of the West Side Highway. The middle of nowhere, if you will. See inset below for details:



Ordinarily this wouldn't bother me, except that my second favorite place to exhibit paintings used to be behind 85 Broad. Now I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. It doesn't effect my plans for tomorrow--I'm kicking off the season in front of the NYSE--but it does put a bit of a crimp in my Friday plans. Do I drag my ass across town and set up shop there? What will the plaza behind 85 Broad be like, devoid of the best and the brightest? Will Daddy's Pizza go under?
What is it you'll be exhibiting tomorrow?
Well, I'm glad you asked. Because here, as shiny and new as any Toyota sitting untouched on car lots around the country, is "The Indictable Fuld?"



There's lots to like about this painting (although I reserve the right to screw around with it a little bit more), but I'm sorry about the blue tint. Something about the flash, and the camera color-correcting for the center of the image, leaves the supposedly-white canvas with a blue tint the likes of which you would not have believed if you had seen this before I started messing around with it.

I went with the question mark because I miscalculated the spacing of the two "I"s and everything ended up a bit too far to the left. And I needed something to even it out.

And besides, it's a fair question. I mean, is he? Indictable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home