Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Naked Greenspan Finished. THIS POST NOT SAFE FOR VIEWING AT WORK

Even though I'm not going to NYC tomorrow (with the temp now predicted to lick the bottom of seventy degrees--oy gevalt), at least Naked Greenspan is finished.

It, now and forever, will look like this:



So it could be worse.

I showed it to some friends, and strangers too, at my bar of choice last night. Really, enough with the crinkling of the noses, people. This is serious stuff!

It's important to realize that every painter worth his salt in the history of the world basically never gave a shit about what the vast majority of other people thought about their work. It's a must-have personality component. My friend Bruce has it to the Nth degree, and I admire that very much.

Me? I give a damn about what a couple of my friends think, and that's about it. And, of course, my client base (although that's a more complicated dynamic than can be tossed off in a couple of sentences about thick skin). And then there are people like the 21st century art curator at MOMA. I suppose I care what he or she thinks.

I mean, I'm not an idiot.

While we're on the topic of full nudity, check this out:



Painted by my above-mentioned friend Bruce Cahn, just a couple of months ago (all rights reserved by him). Bruce usually paints women, so this is a bit of a departure for him. Having breezed through a few evenings sitting around Bruce's kitchen table drinking Guiness and Jack Daniels and staring at this particular painting, let me tell you it is lovely in the flesh. I also think there's a bit more black above the guy's head in the actual painting, but I could be wrong about that.

Also, just as an aside, check out the gun on that guy. Bruce paints 'em as he sees 'em. Me, I'm a bit more of a gesturalist:



But I do like this black and white painting business. This is more of a drawing, but it's one of my favorite Wall Street paintings ever:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home