Thursday, November 08, 2012

My brush with voter fraud...

By now my eight minute Trojan voting experience is the stuff of urban legend.  By comparison, it took my buddies Chuck and Wyn several hours to do so in Brooklyn.

Later that night I got a call from Daughter #2 to announce that one of the ways she celebrated her birthday was by voting.  The conversation went something like this:

"Papa, you voted too, didn't you?"
"Yes I did.  Earlier today."
"Okay--I thought so.  But when I was signing the voter book I couldn't help notice that your name was right there, above mine."

Long pause.  Then the realization:

Dog -- I coulda voted twice!

I could have jumped in the Batmobile and hauled ass down to Northern Jersey and voted a second time.  I chose not to for several reasons:  First, it's the wrong thing to do.  Second, voting in New Jersey wasn't going to move the needle in any meaningful way.  Third, I think I was taking a nap at the time.

But still.

If it had been Dave calling from Richmond to tell me I could vote there, I would have been on a plane.  Or David Crosby calling from Ohio, likewise.  

But Jersey?  Nahhh.  I did the right thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home