Monday, January 28, 2013

The Commentariat Weighs In

We're having a contest here at TYOMP designed to stimulate the Commentariat.  Every month we'll identify the cleverest comment and that person (we'll keep him anonymous, for his own protection, but he'll know who he is) will receive a genuine work of art, valued at between $60,000 and $120,000.

You're gonna lose your shirt with this promotion.  Why not give just them a poster, or a signed paint stick or something?
The secret is volume.
Ahhhh.

So, January's winner is:

Another thing we have in common.  I also couldn't bear the thought of a needle in my mouth and eschewed novocaine.  I would, in other words, transcend dental medication.

He/she was commenting on the post titled "Silence of the Lambs" in which I discussed my discomfort with the novocaine needle.   Ha!  Even though there are several days left in January I feel confident that nobody's gonna come up with anything as strong as that.

Congratulations to the winner.  To the rest of you, let this person be an inspiration to all you lurkers.

You should offer that guy a job writing the blog.
You think?
Sure.  He seems comfortable slinging the same crap you do.  He seems to have a handle on the smirking, self-satisfied feel to his copy that characterizes The Year of Magical Painting.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Not at all.
But 'crap' seems like a strong word.
Maybe.  I could go with 'garbage' or 'vile effluent'.
Really?  Those are my options?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home