Friday, February 15, 2013

And one more thing about TV news

Years ago, back when I had a real job, I was sick and stayed home.  Middle of the morning I was lying on the sofa, drinking some juice, reading the newspaper, watching NBC coverage of the launch of the space shuttle Challenger.  Which, as is known, tragically blew up moments after launch.

It took maybe fifteen or twenty minutes for NBC to plug Tom Brokaw, on whom I come and go,  into the anchor chair.  But once they were up and running, watching that man orchestrate a day's worth of live news coverage, more or less off the cuff, impresses me to this day.

That's a funny sentence.
Which one?
The one that goes "... Tom Brokaw, on whom I come and go ..."
Have you read "Eats, Shoots & Leaves"?
No.
Read that, then come back when you have something constructive to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home