Tuesday, February 12, 2013

John (Maynard G. Krebbs) Keynes

With my brain whirling with Keynesian economics, plus a good measure of this and that, I mentioned, just in passing, the name Maynard G. Krebbs to a friend of mine and he said he'd just taped a couple of episodes of the Dobie Gillis show.  What are the chances of that?

Here is where we currently stand ...

One could argue that stumbling upon that tube of bright rosy red paint was a bit of unfortunate circumstance, but I'm not so negative as that.  Others, art historians most likely, might, years later, point to this as the moment we swerved off the tracks.  As if you even could -- that's why they have those flanges on the wheels.  Otherwise the train would barely get ten feet.

Trains aren't the only thing that run on tracks.
Really?
Yes.
Surely you're not saying we're off the tracks.
I'd never dream.  I'm just saying that if the metaphor fits, wear it.
Like a shoe?
Exactly.

I do love that trail of watered-down brown paint that escaped from his chin.  Obviously when I was painting that part the picture was upside down, meaning head side up.

For you completists, I'm listening to Massive Attack's Mezzanine album which is, really, just like taking drugs.

There's an Anselm Kiefer painting in the Met's modern section that looks like a set of tracks through a field of wild flowers.  For years, I thought it was a Parisian boulevard.  I wish I could find the picture, but I can't.

In either case, he too must have been listening to Massive Attack.  Or perhaps Portishead.

Oh look!  I found it ...

It's called 'Bohemia Lies by the Sea, 1997.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home