Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Good News and the Bad

The Good News:  I just heard that the British oil colossus BP was sponsoring something called the "BP Portrait Award, 2013" in conjunction with the National Portrait Gallery (the one in London).  First prize, 30,000 pounds.  Sterling.  Which is about 45 Large, USD.  Which I, like most people, could certainly use.

And I have just the painting ...

Former BP Chairman Tony Hayward, painted and annotated (in part in Times Square, of all places), as the date indicates, shortly after the Deepwater Horizon disaster.  I would call your attention to my gently critical take on the BP logo on the front of his hardhat.

How they gonna say no to that?

The Bad News:  The deadline was yesterday.

1 Comments:

Blogger SharonWrightArtist said...

Aw, shucks!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home