Tuesday, March 12, 2013

And one quick sports statistic ...

... which I know bores the hell out of you but I don't care.  Attention must be paid.

Remember the legendary seventh game of the 1970 NBA finals?  The Knicks over the Lakers?  The one made famous by Willis Reed limping out of the locker room and hitting his first jump shot?  Well, what often gets ignored in all that Willis Reed hoopla is that my main man, Walt Frazier, put together 36 points, 19 assists, and seven rebounds in that game.

A moment of magnificence rivaled, perhaps, only by that jacket/tie/pocket square combo.

A skeptic might suggest that the pocket square and tie are too matchy-matchy.  And were it me, I'd likely have gone with something different for the pocket.  But I am not Walt Frazier, am I?

No.  Nor have I ever been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home