Thursday, March 14, 2013

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

And while we're talking about the old boss, consider this:

Once they hit a certain age, you really have no idea what the hell your kids are up to.  Here's Daughter #2 chillin' with Benedict #16 ...

What I'd like to know is this:  Shouldn't there be like a hundred people in the picture?  Security?  A gaggle of Cardinals?  Somebody?  I mean, does it work like this:  D#2 and her buddies are walking the campus grounds, rocking their sundresses and sunglasses, and they see some old guy coming towards them and one of them says "Look!  Isn't that the Pope?"

Then they all stop for a chat; have a picture taken; and then everybody just continues on with their stroll?

I think the word you're looking for is radiance.
Come again?
The collective noun for a group of Cardinals is a radiance.  
Oh.
Gaggle is geese.
I'd rather be a lark.
Who wouldn't?

A cynic would now insert the lyrics for Won't Get Fooled Again.  Me?  I'm going with Baba O'Riley ...

Out here in the fields
I farm for my meals
I get my back into my living.
I don't need to fight
To prove I'm right
I don't need to be forgiven.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Don't cry
Don't raise your eye
It's only teenage wasteland

Sally, take my hand
We'll travel south cross land
Put out the fire
And don't look past my shoulder.
The exodus is here
The happy ones are near
Let's get together
Before we get much older.

Teenage wasteland
It's only teenage wasteland.
Teenage wasteland
Oh, yeah
Teenage wasteland
They're all wasted!


D#2 is second from the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home