Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Go Badgers

Although over now, I've had a long and fond relationship with the University of Wisconsin, and have found myself in Madison many times.  Most of that time was spent visiting the estimable Dr. Folts.

And I should say that despite all the shouting, I never really understood why Madison always gets those awards about best small city to live in, etc.  I always just thought it was okay, in a sort of a limited way for an off night.

Nonetheless, this video is good clean fun.  The head bell guy decided to play the Game of Thrones theme song on the carillon.  As opposed to the usual Baroque religious music they crank out at other times, I'm assuming.



Are you watching Game of Thrones?  It's pretty good, but I am expecting it to jump the shark any day now.  The problem is that with every passing book (my understanding is that this year represents the first half of book 3) the cast of characters gets bigger.  Which is fine in a sprawling print epic, but which is starting to become a bit unwieldy on film.

Already, to my taste, they are starting to jump around between story lines too much.  But that's just me.  And, on the positive side, nobody could argue that George R.R. Martin couldn't use an aggressive editor.

So maybe it's a blessing in disguise.  Regardless, let the bells ring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home