Monday, April 22, 2013

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"


I was once a leader of men.  In some kind of alternative universe, it would be me and not Robert Duvall in this scene.  On the beach.  Surf boards on hand.  Elite warriors locked and loaded, awaiting my command.  No shirt, just an Air-Cav super hat.  Like J.E.B. Stuart for a modern day (except I wouldn't have failed Lee at Gettysburg).

I've thought about painting this picture of Stuart many times.

This is my portrait of Old Bobby Lee, painted, coincidentally, in Leesburg, Virginia ...

10,006 counted for this month alone, and we've still got seven more hours.  Imagine that, friends.  America's a great place.  Where a boy like I used to be could grow up to be a man like I am.  One can only marvel.

I love the smell of 10,006 people.  It smells like ... victory.

Best line from Apocalypse Now?

"Someday this war's gonna end ..."

That's not actually the best line from the movie.  But it's the best line from the clip.

Edge?  Play the blues.

Which is the best line from Rattle and Hum, the U2 album.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home