Friday, June 07, 2013

Heat in Seven

Bet the house.

Wow -- what a great game.  I refer, of course, to Game 1 of the NBA finals in Miami last night.  The Spurs prevailed, and because of this I've revised my prediction to Miami winning in seven games, not six.

But I'd be okay if  San Antonio took the trophy home because this, friends, is the way people are supposed to play basketball.  There was an early moment in the game when Tony Parker executed a pick and roll with Tim Duncan (I refuse to call him Timmy).  Parker penetrated, causing the defense to contract, then ripped a pass back out to Duncan.  Duncan, in turn, whipped a pass to some Lesser Spur just outside the three point line.  With not a single Heat player anywhere near him, he drilled it like it was a free throw.

It all seems simple enough.  But the speed with which Duncan turned the play was light-like.  That is to say 299,792,458 meters per second.  Which is freaking fast.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat," I said to myself.  Or no one.

The good news, friends, is that LeBron James is as big a boat as anybody will ever need.  I have faith.  Heat in seven.  Bet the house.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home