Wednesday, September 25, 2013

60

I'm turning 60 in five days.  What's that David Bowie song?

Anyway, the general thinking is this ...









Actually I don't know what the general thinking is.  But that long moment of silence speaks volumes, doesn't it?   A friend of mine asked me if I was okay with such a momentous transition and I said yes.  I mean, I don't look a day over 58, so I'm good with it all.

Me?  I'm surprised I'm not dead already.

And I've more or less finished Saigon:  Too Big To Fail, which is exciting.  Not the work itself, which is quite pedestrian, but the idea of finishing it.  Plus, after re-nitrogenizing my soil (by planting plenty of winter mustard, then plowing it back in), I can feel all kinds of shit bubbling up creatively.  Plus it hit me like a ton of bricks the other day that the solution to the PeaceWorks Project is to just man up and pivot from plan A to plan B (no matter how in love with Plan A I was).  So I'm doing that.  More on the specifics later.

And WTF?  I'm still 59!

I do know that the day after my birthday, some friends are going to buy me oysters and sparkling wine and we're going to party like it's 1999.  When I was 46, and really could party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home