Monday, December 09, 2013

Polaroid 6 -- Now I'm Really Cheating

I took the image you saw in the prior post and stretched it horizontally, just enough so that the image is slightly rectangular.

[Painting tip: you can't do that with regular paintings]

I then enlarged it slightly and repositioned it on the canvas (see tip above).  Then I cleaned it up and voila!

Now it really does look like a Polaroid.

A friend wrote me earlier today, saying nobody even knows what a Polaroid is anymore.  Well ... I do.  And I'm painting for myself here, people.  If you want to get on board, that's great.

There's a part of me that wants to clean up the sixth square from the left on the second row.  And get rid of that slash of pink on her forehead.  And the fourth square from the left on the eighth row down could use a tune-up.  But there's another part of me that says it's done.

Because you never know what's gonna mess it up.  And I really like it the way it is.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Harbour said...

I really like this. And I'd leave the squares mentioned. I like the way it breaks up the pattern ever so slightly.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home