Saturday, December 07, 2013

Something, finally

The Mets have been in what doctors call post-Madoff paralysis for too long.  Enough already.  I've been of the school of thought that says Sell The Mets.  Sell them, you Wilpons, to somebody with enough money to properly manage a major-market team.  Because to hold onto them, no matter how much you love them, is a form of disfunctional parenting.  I mean, owning major league teams is a sort of public trust.  If you can't do it right, let somebody else do it.

All of which brings me to the acquisition of Curtis Granderson by the Mets.  I haven't really had time to wrap my head around it, and certainly Curtis is an imperfect player (strikes out too much). But at least, as of this morning, the Mets are doing something.  Finally.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home