Thursday, September 25, 2014

I can't help myself

If you watched the U-Tube video about the Singer Porsche, James makes passing reference to Jeremy driving something called an Eagle E-Type.  I'm posting this video because I want my Singer Porsche to be the color green of the Jaguar Jeremy is driving in the first half of the piece and I wanted you, dear friend, to see the exact color for yourself.

It's a green so dark it's almost black.

I stopped watching Top Gear a couple of years ago.  In the end, I couldn't stand Jeremy Clarkson and his towering self-satisfaction for another second.  But the thing about Top Gear is that, as often as not, they film somebody in a car so fabulous they find themselves laughing out loud.  So sometimes checking out a clip here or there is a giggle.

Plus they have a sense of history.  Which is what this piece is all about.


Pay close attention at the 3:50 mark when he says, "And then ... there's the noise."

Glorious.

Hail Britannia.

God save the Queen.

I hope Kate has a girl.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Harbour said...

Oh. My. God. But do I want one! I've always wanted a '64 Corvette convertible because, A, I was born then, and B, I'm American. And this car had me...until the price. A thing of pure beauty though. Magical.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home