Tuesday, October 21, 2014

First his feet, and now his freedom

I thought I heard a noise last night, so I reached under my pillow, pulled out my Colt Python and emptied six rounds into my cat. With whom I had recently had a nasty argument.

I then reloaded and emptied another six, just to be sure. I later told the police I thought he was a very tiny burglar.

None of this is true, of course, but does serve to bring us to the matter of Oscar Pistorius. Recently convicted of what we would call manslaughter, he was sentenced yesterday to five years in jail.

The good news for the Big O is that, according to South African law, he only needs to spend 10 months in jail, and the rest of his term under house arrest. Which, if you're rich, is not that bad a gig all things considered.

The net net here is that the guy is going to do ten months hard time for killing his girlfriend. That doesn't seem like very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home