Wednesday, March 03, 2010

This painting is gonna make me a gazillion bucks

Behold, at the 90% mark, "Study for Marcus Goldman (Led Zeppelin)".



Have you ever heard the expression "God is in the details"? Well, I'm here to tell you, dear reader, that it couldn't be more true.

In this case, I'm referring to the scrawl of the title along the bottom half of the canvas. I truly love it, and the only reason it looks the way it looks is that I was down to my last eighth of a tube of irridescent gold deep (fine)--the actual name of the color I typically use to title my Wall Street paintings--and I had to fold the tube over and over, like that whole toothpaste business (a concept that you, dear reader, perhaps not familiar with the mechanics of how painting works but definitely familiar with trying to get the last bit of toothpaste out of your tube, might understand), so I could make my mark.
Now THAT is a sentence!
Yes it is. Although that parenthetical phrase does have a problem or two.
That's part of its majesty.
Yes it is.
Anyway, I was worried I could even get the damned thing written all the way out. So I was kind of skimpy with the old pigment as I traveled across the opus. And voila.

This painting is gonna make me a gazillion bucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home