Monday, October 07, 2013

Eating Italian

The chanting from the Commentariat has been deafening.  How was the discarded onion method of red sauce?

The answer:  Lovely.  Soft and luxurious, without all the extraneous flavors one typically gets in a red sauce.  I reduced the butter quotient from five to four tablespoons because, after all, who needs that much butter.  And, since the recipe makes more sauce than one eats in a single meal, I'm looking forward to how it will mature in the ice box.

You call it an ice box?
I know ... isn't that odd?
Not so odd, really.  Some people call soda 'pop'.
Now that's odd.
Yes it is.

Here's a poem, or a fragment of one, by Mary Oliver:

Every day
I see or I hear
something
that more or less
kills me

with delight.

Which is pretty strong, even though it has nothing to do with dogs.  Which, apparently, are her wheelhouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home