Friday, October 11, 2013

The Worm Turns

How about that Paul Ryan?  Here's a painting I did of him and, manoman, there are some nasty things written on there.  All, or at least most, of which he deserved.  I thought the idea of voucherizing Medicare was borderline criminal.  Likewise his stance on women's health issues.

Suffice it to say I thought the guy was a miserable piss-ant.  Maybe that's why he looks so much like Richard Nixon here (although I've mellowed quite a bit on Nixon, so perhaps that notion holds no water).  Of course, in situations like this I always just think what the New York Times tells me to think, plus sometimes augmented by input from my friends Julie and John from the Catskills.  It's not that I'm incapable of original thought, it's just that I'm trying to save my key synapses for stuff that really matters.  Like my Vietnam novella.

But hey, that's all water under the bridge.  Article in The Times suggests that Paul Ryan is back, leading the way for what one can only describe as a surprisingly moderate Republican position re. the debt crisis slash government funding.  Wouldn't it be funny if Paul Ryan ended up being the hero.

God help us.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I make a gripe? Is the painting for sale or not? That's what I never understand about this blog? Are you selling, or not? What's the point of blogging about dylan when you really want to sell ryan?

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home